WHAT COULD YOU CREATE IN 100 DAYS?
MoreSeekers is happy to announce our SUPPORT of the #MOMA100days Project.
The #MOMA100days Project is a social media version of a grad school project conceived by Michael Beruit, a prolific, talented designer, artist, and teacher who led design students at the Yale School of Art in a workshop he called the "100 Day Project." The instructions for the students were simple: Choose an action and repeat it for 100 days, and notice what happens when the journey becomes the destination. The course was designed to help students surrender their fetishes and resistance to creation, and just simply enjoy the practice and process of creating every day for 100 days.
The idea was discovered by a wonderful artist, Elle Luna, who with some friends, launched their version in 2014 called, #the100daysproject. Not only did you actually have to complete the daily action, but you must also then share it on social media via Instagram. She herself drew a self portrait every day and posted it on Instagram. A mom of two who called herself a "Wanna Be Artist" embroidered small items. Others wrote, made videos, and sculpted their bodies into works of art. At the end of the 100 days they not only gained confidence, practiced their craft and became disciplined artists, they also created massive bodies of work. The key? Taking small bite-sized action steps everyday. By sharing on Instagram and other social channels it allowed for a community of makers and creators to support each other, celebrate the process, and for everyone else to get a behind the scenes view of what it's like to devote yourself to the process of creation.
100 DAYS... WHAT?!?!?!?
Sound interesting, maybe even a little bit exciting, and at the same time make you a little nervous wondering if you could actually do it? Us too! The minute I heard about #MOMA100days I began to think... "Could I do something for 100 days in a row? 100 days?" And then I thought, "How do I stay inspired? What if I get stuck and don't know what to do one day? What if I can't make the time?" All of these "what ifs" made me realize this was exactly what I needed... MORE DISCIPLINE... and I could absolutely need some additional support. Added encouragement to help me through the challenges, doubts, "buts", "can't", and the possible, "uncles" that were sure to come up. And at the same time I knew I could do this if I surrendered to the process, let the goal simply be showing up each and every day, AND have someone in my corner to celebrate the wins, and nudge me forward when I needed it most. If I rose to the challenge I could create an amazing practice and body of work in 100 days. It's absolutely possible, for me and for YOU!
Which is exactly why I've created the MoreSeeker Encouragement Daily Email, specifically designed for those who want a little encouragement, inspiration and support to stay devoted to their practice, and have some fun with the process.
100 days. 100 short emails designed to pack the punch you need to keep going, continue creating, and get you to July 14, not only with an amazing body of work to show for it, but having truly enjoyed the process.
LIFE IS JUST ONE BIG CREATION, THE PROCESS IS AN EXPLORATION
A BITE-SIZED WAY TO JUMPSTART YOUR PASSIONS, HOBBIES, DESIRES AND PLAY CREATIVELY
THE ENCOURAGEMENT EMAIL IS FOR YOU, MY SWEET MORESEEKER, IF YOU ARE:
- Hungry to jump-start a creative project
- Has a passion, hobby, desire, or dream they desperately want to turn into reality
- Is busy with family, work, and commitments and is looking for a way to make creativity and their passion a regular practice
- Is curious about being a part of a community that celebrates the process
- Wants a reason and a way to turn their dreams into realized
- Knows that practice and daily action is what's required for success, but can't seem to make it happen on their own
HERE'S HOW TO PLAY:
WHAT YOU RECEIVE FOR PLAYING WITH MORESEEKERS:
- The MoreSeekers #MOMA100days Encouragement Daily Email – Every day starting April 6, you'll receive a little inspiration in your inbox. Short and sweet. Nothing intense, just a little "sumpin' sumpin" to help you move past your resistance, provide a little inspiration on the days your muse is frolicking elsewhere, or give you that much needed little pep-talk to help stay disciplined and devoted to your craft. 100 days doesn't have to be a long time if we have someone in your corner cheering us on.
- Your NAME in lights – We'll feature your project on the MoreSeekers Instagram and our website. It's always nice to get a few props. Don't forget to tag us in your daily posts @moreseekers.
- Membership to the MoreSeekers #MOMA100days Private Facebook Group – This where you can connect with other MoreSeekers who are stepping out of their comfort zones and committing to themselves and their passions for making and creating. There's nothing like being able to share your ups and downs and have someone share in your experience. Seekers need seekers.
- Weekly Drawing –Every week, I will draw a random name to receive a 30-minute coaching session to help you overcome resistance, inspire new thinking, or support you in any way you need in order to ensure you turn your desire into realized.
100 days. 100 emails. 100 bite-sized pieces of inspiration and encouragement. one great accomplishment. one magnificent body of work. Only $1 a day!
"Do MORE" is a big part of the BE|LIVE|DO|HAVE MoreSeeker philosophy. We MUST take action. Action is the energy that demonstrates we really and truly want something, that we're willing to learn, we're will to give, we're willing to co-conspire with the rest of the world and the Universe and participate in the process of *making* the life and world we want.
I hope you'll join me for what's sure to be an epic 100 days!